
It's been 12 days since my surgery and my vision is about 90% better than when I had to wear glasses/contacts. Things are still blurry/out of focus and I get headaches once a day usually. The steroid drops I put into my eyes 5x/day, Flarex, tastes awful (cross taste between tires, gasoline, and engine oil). You put it in your eyes and then it eventually drains down your throat to your mouth about 1-2 hours later.
I saw Dr. Carr yesterday and he said I have nearly 20/20 vision now. I'm very excited because now I can drive. I immediately drove after the appointment to Vallejo for another doctor's appointment. I haven't driven in 2 weeks, so I was nervous to get behind the wheel on a rainy day. I did make it home safe and sound without any collisions.
I'm blessed to have my parents who financed the surgery. I'll be forever grateful to my parents who gave me the wonderful gift of sight! To wake up in the morning and be able to see the world immediately is a great gift! Thank you Mom Larsen for driving me to all my appointments and helping me out with the girls. I really appreciate your time and patience. Thanks Scott for doing chores and shopping for the household. Thank you Marlina for getting me out of the house for lunch last week - it was fun. The surgery wouldn't have been possible without the tremendous help, love, and support from all the wonderful people in my life! I love you all!





3 comments:
I'm so glad you were able to have the eye surgery! :-) I'm also glad that I could be here to help you out.
Love You All!! :-) Mom
I wouldn't be able to fully appreciate the change in sight for you, never having to wear glasses/contacts myself, but I'm so happy for you that you were able to have this done! I know you're excited to have better vision now! What wonderful family and friends you have.
I'm also glad you were able to have it done. Glad you made it home safe! lol I love this picture of you!
Post a Comment