Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flat Tire? No Sweat! 9/8/09

Yesterday I was leaving the gym parking lot and realized I had a flat. So I pulled over and realized I didn't have my cell phone. Luckily a friend from the gym stopped and had one. I called State Farm and asked for a tow truck to come out an fix it. My friend then told me that she thought I could just do it. I looked at her and said, "You think so? Have you ever changed a tire before?" She said, "No, but it can't be that hard to figure out." With no instructions to follow, it was changed in 15 minutes. It was incredibly easy. Getting off my plastic hub cab was the hardest thing to figure out. So I called the tow company and told them I didn't need them anymore. It was a great independent moment for me! Now that I've done it, I have the confidence to do it again in the future. The only mistake I made (I later found out from my Dad), is that you have to put the lug nuts back on in a diagonal pattern for better alignment.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Good job. It's been years since I've had to change a flat tire. My dad made me/helped me change one when I was a teenager. Maybe I can still do it.

Kara said...

OMG That is great! You've even given me confidence to try if I were in the situation!