Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fist Day of 1st Grade!

Well, here they are on their 1st day of school! Both have been crying all week not wanting to go to school. Carissa even cried herself to sleep a few days ago because she was so upset. So I was worried about Carissa more than Maia. This morning Carissa woke up and actually said she was "sort of" excited to go to school. When we got there I noticed Maia had a half smile for all these pictures. Then they had to wait in line with their class on the playground until they were cued to walk into the classroom. All of sudden Maia started running towards me and big alligator tears. The photo is below...
Above they are waiting in line with their classmates.

Below Maia is making her way over to me as quickly as she can with big tears. By the way, she told me to delete this photo. So don't tell her you saw it. The cutest part of the photo (if you click on it to enlarge), Carissa has a genuine look of concern for her sister.


How lucky! The 3 Amigas get to sit together. The teacher had assigned seating with their names at the top of their desks. Here Maia seems a bit happier.

What you don't see in these photos is Maia crying again and me running for the door.
On my way out I heard, "Mommy please don't leave me."

So what happened when I picked them up?
Both had big smiles on their faces and both liked school. Maia said, "Mommy, school was fun!"

4 comments:

Steph said...

So cute! Crazy our girls are in first grade already! I'm a little nervous about not knowing what I'm going to do by myself all day! What are you doing with them in school all day now? =)

Susan said...

I'm glad the day turned out fine. The first day of school can be scarey. I like the girls' shoes. In fact, Robyn got the same exact pair for her first day of school.

The Simpson Times said...

Very cute! Can't believe Carissa, Maia, and Karianne are 1st graders this year and go to a FULL day of school. I remember always being so nervous for the first day of school. How did they end up in the same class as Hailey AGAIN?!?!

jamie hansen said...

Aww! they are so cute! I emailed you on either your photography blog or website. Did you get it?

jamie