Thursday, August 20, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten!

I had Carissa & Maia wear the same dress I wore on my first day of school (see photo below). I had the other one wear a similar dress of mine that I owned when I was 5. I had to do a quick change in the bathroom at the school so that they could both take a picture in the same dress. A newspaper reporter took their picture and also took a picture of my old picture below. I hope it's in the newspaper tomorrow! A different newspaper reporter interviewed both Scott and I on our feelings. Hopefully, we'll see this in the paper too!

Scott packed them a snack to bring to school and wrote a sweet message on them.

Christine - 5 years old - 1st day of Kindergarten

Their best friend, Hailey is in the same class! How fun for them!

Maia's cubby hole for her backpack.

Carissa's cubby hole for her backpack.

Waving good-bye to us! Scott and I cried when we got back to the car.

I sneeked a peek into the classroom and took this photo. There are 28 kids in their class. You can see Carissa & Maia sitting together with Hailey. Carissa has a big smile on her face.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Very cute dresses, but I have to say out of the two dresses I like the one you wore the first day (the one Carissa wore). Did your mom make them?

The Simpson Times said...

What a bittersweet moment that must have been to send them into their first day of Kindergarten! What cute girls!

Jeanie said...

Cute pictures!! It doesn't seem that long ago that I was taking Scott to his first day of school!! Boy how time flies! Enjoy your kids because you know it they are graduating from high school!

Kara B said...

Ahhhh again! They are so cute. Growing up so fast. You guys cried when you got to the car...LOL. I hear everyone does & I can't believe I will someday now!!! She's napping right now. LOL
Surgery in one week! 9/3!!