Friday, October 15, 2010

Nicholas Sparks Book Signing for Safe Haven - Sept. 24

My friend, Sandy and I went to to Borders in Sacramento to see Nicholas Sparks. We went in the morning to get our wristbands and came back later that night. We had a blast. He hasn't been in Sac/CA for 2 years. I saw him 2 years ago and I swear the number of women in attendance has doubled making it not as pleasant (way overcrowded and hot). I say women because there is always just a handful of men. Last time he was willing to sign a whole stack of books and anything you had. Now he only signs the current release. I'm sly though because when it was my turn, the Borders staff told me no (I brought that last two books and a few older ones), only the current book. I ignored them. I slide two Nicholas' older books in front of him and he signed them. I'm waiting for Sandy to email me the photos of me getting my books signed so I can post them here. I was really star struck when I first met him 2 years ago, but not so much this time. Sandy and I had great Thai food afterwards at a local restaurant nearby.

No comments: